Athlone Credit Union is now inviting applications for the position of Head of Lending & Business Development.
Principal responsibilities of the Role:
The Head of Lending/ Business Development Officer would report to the CEO/Manager and would be primarily responsible for oversight of lending and supporting the development and implementation of the business development & marketing strategy, including the delivery of income targets, in line with the strategic plan.
- Oversee and manage the lending function on a day to day level
- Interpret, analyse and assess financial information in line with policies and procedures
- The design and implementation of the lending strategy in line with the Strategic Plan, and evaluate feasibility of new lending products
- Develop and maintain an understanding of our loan book, identify gaps in the lending market, propose and develop strategies to target these gaps
- In consultation with the CEO/Manager, develop and agree growth objectives, in line with the strategic and operational business goals
- Liaise with key stakeholders around the business in order to ensure the successful implementation of growth objectives from the Strategic Plan
- In conjunction with the CEO/Manager, analyse the performance of all products to ensure they are meeting their targeted revenue and margin goals
- Develop and promote a business development culture throughout the organisation, providing business development training to all operations staff to ensure front line promotion is optimised
- Liaise with outside agencies to identify business development opportunities, then develop and follow up same
- Manage all external PR related activities and communications to ensure consistency of message throughout
- The development of a marketing plan and all marketing initiatives, providing feedback, reporting & market insights to the Board and management team
- Drive and grow the range of online services available to members
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a results driven business development role is essential
- A third level business degree or equivalent, is desirable (Business/Marketing) QFA or equivalent
- Experience in loan underwriting with strong financial proficiencies and attention to detail
- An understanding of the business /credit risk associated with loan documentation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proactive and self-motivated with the ability to adapt to new situations and manage upwards
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritise
- Excellent IT skills, with strong data base analysis and Microsoft Office capabilities, is essential
Please send a letter of application, clearly outlining your suitability for this position, together with a CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Tuesday 31st January 2017 at 5pm.
Short listing may apply, and assessment will be done on the basis of the information provided in the application.
Athlone Credit Union is an equal opportunities employer.
Athlone Credit Union is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Canvassing will disqualify.